You're very welcome! I don't tend to buy my daughter barbies and dolls very often, but I don’t stop anyone else from getting her those things. As you mentioned above she really uses her imagination with them. My favourite right now is how she plays with her Anna and Elsa doll in the Lego Castle we got her for Christmas this year. I also love when the dolls play with dinosaurs, dragons, bad guys, and transformers! To her they are all just characters in her elaborate stories!
I think it is more than ok for girls to play with girl things. But it is important to expose them to all kids of toys that may not typically get introduced to girls.
I also think the same applies for boys. If they want to play with dolls or any “girl” toy they should. There is no reason why they shouldn’t be able to express their feminine side!
Some of my favourite toys from the last year are:
- Quirkle — We have played a game where the youngest player was 4.5 and the oldest 93! This one is for all ages and good for problem solving
- Mexican Train Dominos — The first time my daughter played this she didn’t want to stop. She played for 2.5 hrs straight with us.
- Katamino — Can be played alone or with another partner. Great for puzzle problem solving. My daughter plays the adult cards and beats me half the time!
- Code Monkey Island — Love this game. Teaches kids the concepts of coding while having fun!
- Goldieblox Builder’s Survival Kit — This comes with lots of pieces and ideas for building
- LEGO!!!!! I love the lego movie sets. They are great for girls and boys!